Monday, May 12, 2008

Thanks Mom!

Mother's Day was yesterday, but it was kind of a busy day. This was actually a Thank You card Brynnly made me last week, just because. I did get an official Mother's Day card, but I thought this deserved an honorable mention. It's so Brynnly. She's always rounding everybody up to do something special, sometimes whether the others want to or not. But I suspect she found little resistance this time, mostly because Zack's favorite coloring activity is tracing his hand. Although, I still don't know how she managed to get Braxton to hold still for this too.

Speaking of Braxton, here's his first cameo on the blog:
I'm not sure he's pleased about it though. This would be a side of Braxton not many people see. He puts on a happy face for company most of the time. The little guy is teething and it makes for one grumpy baby on occasion. In the living room right now Zack is sprawled on the couch watching ridiculous amounts of cartoons while he pukes in his throw-up cup. Ahhh, the life of a mother!

Perhaps now is a good time to mention MY mother. Now that I think about it, I gave mom a Thank You card too. I know there are lovely Mother's Day cards out there, but what I really want to say is Thank You. I say it every year, because I really am thankful. Raising kids will do that to a person I suppose. So Thanks Mom. Thanks for letting me look just like Grandpa when I cut my hair, I loved that haircut. Thanks for Tang and Kool-Aid - I loved that too, obviously. Thanks for spankings, I deserved those. Thanks for all my brothers and sisters, I really love them. Thanks for your testimony of the Gospel and teaching it to me, I know you love it. I know you love me - I love you!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, poor puking Zack! Was he throwing up yesterday too? Rats! Here's hoping he feels better soon. And by the way, if anybody could have pulled off the grandpa haircut, it was you. Love ya!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Sweet post Julie. And the letter from Brynnly, HOW CUTE IS THAT??!!!! And, I love that picture of Braxton. No one ever sees that. He's such a good kid. I hope Zack is feeling a little better, poor guy.

Colburns said...

I totaly love that pic! We used to have that hanging in our house growing up. Poor Zack I can't talk about throw up right now but I do feel for the guy!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Julie,
'You're welcome!' I love being your mom! :o) I remember that haircut like it was yesterday! :o)I can remember being spanked by my mom and 'I deserved it too!' But it made me love her more. When you're a mom, you too realize it hurts them to have to spank you. I hope little Zachary is feeling better! Give him a BIG 'XO' for me! :o)