Friday, May 30, 2008

Oh Brother!

"Stop hittin' yourself! Stop hittin' yourself! Stop hittin' yourself!"

Does anyone else remember doing that? Or having it done to them? That's not actually what's going on here, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Sad looking picture though, isn't it? When Zack was born I thought Brynnly may very well love him to death, literally. Now it seems that Zack feels the same way about Braxton, he loves him to death! I am constantly shouting, "Be Soft!" And, if Zack's not already running away to hide because he knows he's in trouble, he usually responds, "I AM Mom!" Turns out that some of the time he really is:
The other day I heard someone say, "It's not worth every moment, but some moments do make everything else worth it." I think I agree. Take this one for instance:
This was Dad's genius at work. Zack's hauling Braxton. And Braxton absolutely loves it! We tall folk don't enjoy stooping down to push these puny little umbrella strollers, but they sure are nice to have in a pinch. And who doesn't have an umbrella stroller, really? Well I guess you could say Bob was in a pinch because going for a walk was apparently a high priority on Dad's list even though I was gone and had the nice stroller in my car. I had no idea our 3-year-old had so much horse-power in him. Bob was quite pleased with this system and showed me the next night how convenient it was. No pushing, no steering, no hassle! Just an occasional, "Be Soft!", uh, I mean, "Slow Down!"


2 comments:

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

That is genius Bob! I love it and they both look so pleased. I wonder if any of my kids have enough strength to pull Brooklynn though. Love the other pictures too. Such great brothers. I miss those guys.

Lisa said...

Brilliant!