Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kitchen Makeover - Drywall, Cabinets and Flooring!

Are you tired of these "before" pictures yet? Sorry, but I couldn't resist! Maybe I should make this into a game of "What's different in this picture?" Can you tell? Any guesses? Okay, here's the answer: Flooring!

Alright, there is more than just flooring that you can't see, although you'll get a little peek of that at the end of this blog. I haven't posted about the kitchen since it was still under demolition. Here you get a glimpse of the raised ceiling, but it's still just bare drywall in that picture. You can also see the nifty can lights up there too! Thanks to Michelle (and from what I'm told, Brooklynn too), the boys were being babysat at the Gleed's for 2 hours while we taped and masked the floors, doors and windows for our drywall guy, Jared Lund. Tada!
Who wouldn't want to be a drywaller with awesome stilts like that?! He's so slick at getting into those things - he doesn't even sit down to put them on! I watched him to do it and it was almost like magic because he was in and up before I even realized he did it! Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty cool. And he's pretty slick at doing drywall too ;)
So there you go - another recommendation for anyone that needs a drywall job done! I'm amazed at what rough and bare drywall can be turned into after he's done with it. Then he sprayed mud all over the walls to match the texture we already had on some of them. That's a dirty job!

On Monday the cabinet guy showed up and my cabinets are here!!
There aren't hung yet, but that's happening later today (I hope, I hope, I hope). So Zack and I are just admiring them how they are. I love 'em and every time Zack walks by the kitchen he says, "It's so pretty!" If we like it this much now then just imagine how much we'll be freaking out when it's all done. Oh, and it's a little dusty right now, but here's the peek at my floor!
So stay tuned for another blogisode of Kitchen Makeover and hopefully you'll get to see some cabinets on the walls!

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I love your updates! Keep them coming! :o) Zackaray looks so pleased with everything! Are you going to add hardware (knobs) on your cupboard doors. It sure helps keep them 'cleaner and not sticky!' :o)

Rachel Sue said...

Hey, you have a blog! Congrats on the new cabinets, that is so exciting! My girls had a blast with your kids Saturday!