I know we've already been and come back, but I gotta start somewhere. I've got some catching up to do. So thanks to Michelle's request for roadtrip ideas and Mom's suggestion, our family decided (okay, I decided) it would be a great idea to keep a travel log during the drive. We didn't end up finishing it for the return trip, but be grateful, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable.
If you're actually interested in reading what the log says you can click and enlarge these pictures, but I'll sum up the jist of it along the way.
If you're actually interested in reading what the log says you can click and enlarge these pictures, but I'll sum up the jist of it along the way.
"Hey kids! Ready for a 6-hour drive?!"
Ahhh! The open road...and traffic. So I used the opportunity to explain the Travel Log idea and surprisingly they liked it. The kids were so busy looking for things to write about that we were in Snowville before we knew it.
The kids thought this rusty plow was pretty exciting, so we took advantage of the photo op and Quintin's willingness to play the cow. That would be him saying, "Moo."
Sadly, this was about the average we paid for gas for the rest of the trip, except once in Oregon at $3.99, score!
After we stocked up on some essentials we were back on the road.
WELCOME TO IDAHO

Oh the sights to see!
I can NOT keep my eyes open when we drive through Idaho. I know a lot of wonderful people from Idaho, but I for one am glad I don't live there. So this is where I took a break and passed the camera to Brynnly and this is what she saw:
Cows. Of course.
Quintin taking a turn with the Travel Log.
Zack, the ham.
Braxton, poor kid.

Dad needed a little help to stay awake too.
It was right about now that I started to wonder, "Are we there yet?!" So it was officially time to take estimates from everybody for our ETA. We gave a few clues about the mileage left to go and Dad's average speed and then they had to keep an eye on the clock to see how close we came to their guesses.


4 comments:
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I hope you keep the travelog. Love the artwork! Special memories with photos!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
So fun! You guys do such a great job of enjoying your journey, that's awesome. I'm bummed though because for some reason I can only click on your first page for a close up and not on the other ones. I'm particularly interested in the last one with the drawings. Specifically man with sprinkler head? I'm intrigued!
I'm not sure how to fix that, I took them off and reposted them and it didn't seem to help. Anybody know how I can fix that?
You are absolutely hilarious! You had me cracking up at every sentence!
Post a Comment