I'm a little frazzled from a long morning of dragging my boys around UVU campus with me trying to get ready for school to start on Wednesday. I realized last night that my campus email stopped forwarding to my yahoo email a few months ago, so I've been a little out of the loop about deadlines and such. I should really only be blaming myself since today was the first time I'd met with my academic advisor since before Braxton was born. I'm guessing it's been at LEAST a year. In which time the college has managed to become a University, create a new email system, and the education department reorganized the teacher education classes AGAIN! So my advisor informed me today that I was NOT registered for my last class, but there's still hope if I can find a babysitter every Tuesday from 1 to 3pm. I don't suppose anyone would be interested in that?! Since I'm such an outstandingly organized woman I didn't find this out in time to put that on my schedule for the daycare and now they're full.
What really frosts my cookies is that while I was in the computer lab on campus trying to register for the class (and get my student teaching license, and register for my Praxis Exam, and keep Braxton happy and keep Zachary within arms reach), Zack got hurt. He lets out 3 long, sad sobs and the lab assistant came over and kicked us out!! I was so embarrased and, at the same time, livid. Thanks, chica, for the "assistance." Because not only am I multi-tasking more right now than you may ever be able to imagine, but I also just accidentally closed the window to pay for and FINISH all the stinkin' work I've been doing for the past 45 minutes AND my son is bleeding because of your sharp metal-edged tables AND the chair he's sitting in that you keep "subtly" taking and putting back every time he stands up for two seconds is from the computer next to me that doesn't even work! And next to that is the computer that's frozen and so everyone that sits there has to get up and move, again!! So FINE! We'll leave! But THANKS kiddo, for doing your job today! Oh wait, one more thing. Do you babysit?
Family
I Frequent...
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so SORRY! That sounds like a dreadful afternoon for you, poor sister.
I would oh so willingly be your baby sitter (might I even call it, your bubsy sitter?) if only there weren't this dratted 800 or so miles between us, stupid 800 or so miles!
Oh, you poor thing. I totally know how you feel. I hate it when things like that happen. You didn't sound nearly as frazzled last night when we talked, you need to vent more! I emailed you about b-sitting. See ya soon.
So I just realized that this happened TODAY, not yesterday which explains why you weren't so frazzled. Sorry, I need to read more carefully. :0)
Let me guess...the lab assistant is 19 and not married which means no kids. Perhaps she is an only child. I would leave a comment in the 'suggestion box' that their staff needs to be more'helpful' and less 'critical!' After all--they are providing a public service in a publicly owned, tax payer, facility! Hmmm, did I leave anything out???
One more thing, give that girl a sugary sweet smile and tell her she needs to improve on her people skills! :o)
Give that sweetpea kisses on his boo boo for me! XOXOXOXO
You have my sympathies! You know I would babysit in a heartbeat if I lived there!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
Thanks for the sympathies guys, I feel so much better now. Looks like I might just finish school after all ;)
This has nothing to do with your blog. But, guess who came to dinner last night? Jeff, that's who. And guess what else? If you hadn't told me he was living here, I never would have known.
While he was here we talked "Survivor" (don't know if you are a fan of the show) and he agreed with Tom that if I were on the island that I would be the first person voted out of the tribe! Am I really that horrible?!
Oh I'm so sorry Julie I so could have watched your boys while you went to campus. I wish I would have known before you went. Are you going to school full time?
Hey, I give you props for finishing school and being a wife and mother, not many would bother.
It's great to find you in the blogging world, hang in there and good luck with EVERYTHING!
I'll probably check back every so often...you've been warned ;)
Post a Comment