
On our way out of Boise we swung by McD's for breakfast and we passed the Boise Temple. It's impressive how many temples are along the way.
After bribing Dad with backrubs and the kids with McDonalds for breakfast we actually made it to McD's while they were still serving it. I don't know why, but Bob has such a difficult time when it comes to ordering food. He either orders the exact same thing every single time, or just copies me. But this morning he didn't know what he wanted so he basically ordered everything everyone else got, "Mmm, that sounds good, we'll take another one of those - oh, make that two. Oh, I just remembered I wanted a breakfast burrito! Can I get that in a combo?" But somehow it all managed to disappear.
WELCOME TO OREGON!

Somehow I neglected to notice that my tires were getting low and Bob realized it just before we headed over the Blues and stopped in LaGrande to fill them up. Here he is "saving our lives." One tire was only 14 PSI! I'm fairly certain that's about the same as a bicycle tire! So hopefully we started getting awesome gas mileage after that.
YeeHaw! We made it to Pendleton! Which really only means it's LUNCHTIME! But you know you've found the right exit when you see the cowboys and their cows.
While we were wrapping up lunch we got a call from Mom in Washington saying the Gleeds were nearly on our tail - they were already in Ontario! I wanted to stop at Multnomah falls before we road in to Oregon City, so we took some more ETA's. Mom said it was nearly 3.5 more hours and I just couldn't accept that. Wishful thinking on my part, because it turns out she was pretty close.

Along the way we some some pretty exciting things:
Trains! Always, always, lots of trains! Zack couldn't have been happier.
This picture just doesn't do it justice, but it's the beautiful Columbia Gorge. There were loads and loads of kiteboarders out there, it's just a little tricky getting good shots in a moving vehicle. There were a bunch of windsurfers too.
And thanks to dear, sweet Lisa I will always think of these as "The Hills That Look Like Bums."
And not to be missed, the dam. Just ask my nephew Tyler about it someday. And the dam wall. And the dam bridge...get the picture ;)
If you wouldn't mind taking a closer look at this one, it's one of my favorites. This is Quintin pretending to be Braxton in the Travel Log describing the view from his spot.
But just in case you just can't make out Quintin's chicken scratch, I will translate:
"Hi. I'm stuck in this seat (again). Hey let me draw a picture. I've only seen (down arrow pointing at drawing), my seat. I just can't wait to stop!"
We finally made it to Multnomah Falls and the first thing we see when we get there is this!
I love the mossy trees and the vivid greens here.
It's such a beautiful place. I'm glad we took a few minutes to enjoy it.
And Braxton was a pretty happy camper to finally be out of his seat too!
We finally made it to Grandma's House! And what better reception than a Happy Birthday from Auntie Lisa! Quintin's very own soccer sock monkey. Zack is looking on in pure envy and we had to pry the mini soccer ball out of his sneaky little hands on more than one occasion. Thanks Lisa!!
1 comment:
Again, awesome, awesome, awesome!
However, those hills remind me more of dragons and trains. Sometimes they look like a train and most of them remind me of dragons stretched out like they are lying down with their lumps and bumps and their heads at the end. Great pictures!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
Post a Comment