This was a bittersweet day for Zack. He had a great ski lesson with an instructor (Scott from last year! - who we think looks a lot like Uncle David) so I took him on the lift so we could get a few runs together. But I don't ski - I snowboard. So this is me trying to capture him on camera, giving him advice I really shouldn't be giving. But even worse than this is what happens after we take this clip...we go up the lift and I get off BUT ZACK DOESN'T! He didn't get off in time and had to stay on until the 2nd stop at the very top and he was all alone, in the dark, with the bar up. I was able to jump back on a few seats behind him, but it was dark and he couldn't see me, so he told me later that he had said a prayer for help and then he saw the next stop and the lift operator helped him off to wait for me. So sad, scary and sweet all at the same time. Zack was really nervous to try skiing again after that, but we went in the daylight the next time and he did fantastic. And I promised never to lose him again!
Family
I Frequent...
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Zack's Solo Ski
This was a bittersweet day for Zack. He had a great ski lesson with an instructor (Scott from last year! - who we think looks a lot like Uncle David) so I took him on the lift so we could get a few runs together. But I don't ski - I snowboard. So this is me trying to capture him on camera, giving him advice I really shouldn't be giving. But even worse than this is what happens after we take this clip...we go up the lift and I get off BUT ZACK DOESN'T! He didn't get off in time and had to stay on until the 2nd stop at the very top and he was all alone, in the dark, with the bar up. I was able to jump back on a few seats behind him, but it was dark and he couldn't see me, so he told me later that he had said a prayer for help and then he saw the next stop and the lift operator helped him off to wait for me. So sad, scary and sweet all at the same time. Zack was really nervous to try skiing again after that, but we went in the daylight the next time and he did fantastic. And I promised never to lose him again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment