Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP: Finished!

DSCN3787

If for no other reason than patting myself on the back, I’m documenting my first [finished] quilt.

DSCN3785

I did this quilt as part of a monthly class at my favorite quilt shop.  The blocks are all hand-applique (which I found surprisingly therapeutic) and you could get kits in class, but my goal was to use fabric from my own stash.  My husband is starting to think I buy fabric and never use it ;-)  The class was over in October and then it was up to us to get it quilted and finish the binding.  So for my Christmas present I had a professional do the machine-quilting.  Last night I finished the last stitches on the binding.

Finish Quilt: check!

3 comments:

SpencernAmy said...

That's BEAUTIFUL! Well done, Julie!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

That is gorgeous! What a fantastic job! I have a friend in our ward that does professional machine quilting and it's so beautiful! Merry Christmas to yourelf!♥

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I meant 'yourself'! :o)