Saturday, March 24, 2012

Teenagers

It’s official, we now have 2 teenagers in the house - Brynnly turned 13 today!

PenelopeLPhoto_WF36

{Although this was taken in 2010}

 

In some ways it feels like she’s been a teenager for a while, some reasons more pleasant than others ;-)

083

{Her “makeup” is actually petals from a bush at Grandma & Grandpa Ward’s house}

 

But in other ways it feels like our little Brynnly-boo has grown up much quicker than we realized.  I fear this is a trend for all of our children [sigh].

090BobAndBrynnly2

{Bob & Brynnly – 2003}

 

For as long as I’ve known her, Brynnly has always been a little mother and really gives me a run for my money when it comes to that job!  She’s a natural - it’s just in her nature to care for others.  I think she’s pretty wonderful.

Picture 085

{Manti Utah Temple – 2004}

 

She’s cute…

DSCF0007

{Lake Arrowhead 2005}

 

She’s sweet…

Brynnly and Grandma Ward

{Brynnly & Grandma Ward – 2004}

 

She’s smart…

CIMG4223

{Always prepared!  Brynnly posing in her snorkel mask just cracks me up.  Hawaii – 2009}

 

She’s athletic…

Brynnly soccer goalie

{and a darn good goalie, I must say}

 

and she’s just plain fun.

PenelopeLPhoto_WF25

 

I’m a little biased, I know.

IMG_2740

{After conquering all 17 miles of Half Dome in 2010.  See, I told you she was awesome!}

{I had big plans for us after this visit 4 years earlier}

Yosemite

 

I am SO very grateful to have her in our family.  We sure are lucky!!!

PenelopeLPhoto_WF18

{2010 – minus our newest addition, Ivy}

 

I hope Brynnly had a happy birthday.  We certainly enjoyed getting to spend the day with her and celebrating another year of having her sweet spirit in our home.  We love you, Brynnly!

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I loved this post! I loved all the special pictures! I absolutely love the one with Brynnly and Grandma Sondra, so sweet and special! ♥ All the pictures bring so many wonderful memories for your family! !

SpencernAmy said...

We love Brynnly, too!