Like I said, the last time I really remember the date was in June, the 18th in fact. Braxton took his first plane ride (if you don't count Norway when he was in my belly) and we went down to Long Beach for WWWW, aka Wild Ward Women's Weekend or something very close to that.
It was a vigorous schedule of boating, skiing, wakeboarding, shopping, chatting, game-playing, eating, laughing and occasional sleeping. It was so great. Two sisters-in-law were missing, Rachel and Karla, which made us a bit incomplete and that was kind of sad.Braxton was pretty happy for the most part and that was a relief for me and I'm sure everybody else. His little cousin Abigail is the same age and she came too, so they were buddy's, most of the time :) All the girls were super kind to hold him for me while I attempted wakeboarding. Sadly, I spent most of the time in the water.


Bob drove down with the rest of the kids and we spent a few more days in Lakewood at Grandma and Grandpa Wards doing the usual, swimming, volleyball, the beach, and a walk to Denny's with Grandpa. Brynnly stayed an extra couple days and came home with the Kogers who basically moved down to California for month. We had to get back to run a volleyball tournament and so Quintin and Bob could play in it too. So the boys had a great time hanging out together.
Now we're back until it's time to drive up to David's wedding in Seattle. Our kitchen is pretty much done except for a few little things, but it's completely functional and my favorite place to be. It's already held a party! Well, a family dinner at least. But when you're talking Ward family it's always a party - or at least a circus. So here's my attempt at organizing my new kitchen cabinets. The post-it notes are there to help everyone else find anything. I keep moving things around. If anybody has a knack for organizing kitchens then please feel free to offer any and all advice!
4 comments:
Wow! I love your post! Braxton looks so comfortable in his plan seat! The post-it notes are a great idea! Organizing cupboards is like your clothes closet, put things where they are easy to access! Your kitchen cabinets are beautiful!
You're right about the summer passing so quickly! I told dad tonight that this week just flew by! Just 4 weeks from tonight David and Angela are getting married! Three weeks later it will be Douglas and Ashley and then it will be September! Yikes!Throw out the anchor and slow the world down!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
You forgot to mention that we spent 12 hours at Knotts Berry Farm! I think that was one of the highlights of our trip to California. You probably enjoyed it as much if not more than the kids did. I love you!
Hey Julie, it Tyler Whittle. Didn't know you were an expert blogger too. Found you through Jen. Hope you don't mind if I spy on your blog. Looks like things are going well. You guys know how to have fun in summer.
Summer is flying by! Thanks for the update, it's always enjoyable to see what you are up to!
Post a Comment