This is Zack. He's painting. He doesn't care about lines or staying in them and certainly has no qualms about what color Nemo and Dory really are even though he's seen them "in real life." He simply cared about his favorite color (orange) and my favorite color (blue) and Braxton's favorite color (I think Zack settled for all of them). Obviously it's not perfect, but to Zachary this was a masterpiece, and I kind of have to agree. There's a lot of love behind this work of art and that must be why I think it's actually quite beautiful.Another wonder that is captured in this photo is that Zachary is painting at all. Not because he doesn't like to, but because I'm an absolutely dreadful mother when it comes to letting my children make messes. In case you don't know, paints are messy. I know there are things that make much bigger messes, but hey, this is progress, not perfection. You may notice I took a few measures to prevent messiness, but still, I feel like a better mother for allowing him to hold a paintbrush in the first place. Something else happened this week that made me feel like I'm doing something right:

Yep, that says MOM. And you know what? He did it all on his own. By himself, his own idea, wrote it out and then came up to me and said, "That's your name Mom!" I almost cried, after I realized it really was my name. I didn't even know he could write, let alone spell MOM for heaven's sake! I think it's safe to say he loves me best :)
So progress, I'm making it. See here? It's another post you're readin'! I'll admit, I hate that it's "live," but here I am, and there you are, and I'm still posting! It's taken me a little while to get the guts to give you something to read, but it doesn't get any better than this, so I figured what the heck, let's get 'er done!
2 comments:
I LOVE your blog page! Aww, so cute that he wrote 'MOM' all by himself! :o)
Good work Julie. I suffer from the same problems. I hate messes. It must be hereditary. But here's the new phrase that gets me through. "We're making memories, not messes."
Post a Comment