
We've been planning to redo the kitchen since before we moved into this house last March. Month after month Bob would tell me, "It could be next month, just as soon as our basement apartment tenants move out and then we can use that kitchen." So why move anything into the cabinets if I'm just going to have to move it all back out next month? Turns out I don't use as many dishes as I own afterall, but I'm sure I still need them. Our tenants originally told us their new house would be done by May. 2007! So how the heck does it take an extra 11 months to finish a house?! So anyway, it's FINALLY happening, my new kitchen is coming THIS month!! Bob is giving me his look here. The "Are you happy now? We don't know what we're doing and look at what we're getting ourselves into!" look. The other guy in the picture is our Home Teacher, Steve Tiek, who I'm recommending to anyone and everyone for anything! He's pretty much the best Home Teacher on the planet, no joke! I'll get a better mug shot later. Oh, in case you don't know, he's also very skilled in construction, not just home teaching.
So...my kitchen, my husband and my boy - in demolition mode. Enjoy:
Zack's saying, "That's a BIG MESS!" But Dad's just getting started, yipes! Meanwhile, the Kitchen and Dining Room can be found here:
In my Living Room. But thankfully I get to use the kitchen in the basement apartment. We (by that I really mean Bob and our good friend Joe - see tall man in photo above) switched out the stainless steel oven and microwave in the basement kitchen for my white ones. During the process the microwave was dropped on the ceramic stovetop and it shattered :/ So unless I can convince them to move the stainless steel oven BACK down into the basement (or I want to cook in the living room), I'm without a stovetop until it gets repaired. Hmm, that reminds me, the repair guy hasn't called back yet. What do you make with ground hamburger if you can't cook it up on the stove first? Besides meatloaf, since I already thought of that.Okay, back to demo.
Must...get...wall...down!




And that about wraps up our day of demo. Truth be told, I didn't lift a hammer once. Bob realized it was a lot more fun than he'd anticipated. All he let me do was remove the switchplates and outlet faceplates. Woohoo! Demo, rawr! More like zzmmm, zzmmm with the power drill and 5 minutes later I was done. It's okay, it was refreshing to see my husband in the kitchen in the first place ;) I love him.
2 comments:
I've been dreaming about you starting a blog for months now. How refreshing, I need a bit more Julie thoughts in my life!
Loving what you've done with the place!
I'm glad the 'comment' finally appeared! Sometimes it doesn't show up at the end of your blogs.
I love what you're remodel is doing for the kitchen. Zachary is so cute adding his tidbit with the hammer! :o)
Post a Comment