Sunday, March 2, 2008

Peer Pressure

I am convinced that everybody is doing it. Everybody has a blog. I think the first time I ever laid eyes on one of these new-fangled things was about 3 years ago. At the time I thought it was such an odd thing to do, posting personal/random/interesting stuff out there on the web, like an open diary. Well, I really hadn't thought much about it until recently.

My wonderful Jen Pear got married, moved to the Big Apple and last year she had a baby girl. And wouldn't you know it? She made herself a blog. After a few months I noticed LOTS of my friends were making blogs. And they were funny and informative too. What a great way to keep tabs on these guys and just pick up where they left off when I email or call them. But I didn't have one. I didn't want one. It's too much pressure, too much exposure. I'm kind of shy that way now and then. In truth, I'm boring. But everyone else's blogs are so addicting! I lose all track of time when I enter the blogging world. I find it fascinating.

So it's with every selfish intention that I officially create this blog. I don't intend for anyone to read it. I'm not ready to go "live" just yet. I want to figure things out, fix mistakes or "faux-pas" in the eyes of more professional bloggers before I let the cat out of the bag. Yes, I know, it's silly. Nobody really cares, but I fear that they might, just might, say something like "oh I hate it when novice bloggers do that." So I won't yet. Maybe one day. We'll see. It's the perfectionist in me. But I'm trying to turn over a new leaf of perfectionism. A leaf that's not actually perfect you see? It just looks like it. And I'll learn from my mistakes for the next time. But I'm guessing the next time won't actually be perfect either. Although I sure do like it when it is. So I might be able to let go sooner than I think. Who knows? I'm just not sure anybody will really want to read it when I do.

Okay, that's it. My first post on my new blog. Done.

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I'm so glad you created this blog!
i'm glad I have one too. I love reading everyone's to catch up on what's happening in yoru lives! :o)

Colburns said...

Hey I am so glad to see that you are blogging it up! He is so cute and big