Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ivy’s New Tricks

This kid is already 5 months old!

DSCN4251

She changes every day, learning new little tricks all the time and it breaks my heart just a bit because of how fast it all seems to be happening.  I love how she reaches for things, especially faces – it’s so sweet.  We all think she’s pretty entertaining, no matter what she does.

DSCN4237

But I suppose rolling over is the noteworthy feat these days.  One day I walked in and found her sleeping on her side and she’s been a better sleeper ever since!  But it makes me a paranoid wreck, fearing that she’s been sleeping so long because really she’s just suffocated herself.  The cutest part - how she hums herself to sleep (and yes, those are socks on her hands, because she’s a better sleeper with those too):

Ivy thinks she knows how to sit up now too. She does “crunches” in her bouncy seat and car seat as she tries to sit up from a reclined position. So we brought out the little walker for her so she can sit up and look all around now and she thinks that’s pretty great.

DSCN4399

 

Goodness, I love this little girl!

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Oh, my goodness! What a cutie pie! Love those cheeks and those thighs! Her eyes are so bright and expressive! Love that humming herself to sleep. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Thanks for FINALLY posting pictures of your little cutie pie! ♥

amanda said...

she is getting so big. love her chubby cheeks.

Charlotte Lange said...

I can't believe how big she is already! And oh such a cutie pie!!!