Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Humor me for a minute (or 10)

because this is a whole slew of pictures that will mean nothing to most anybody else, except maybe the little person that took them – Braxton.

I sometimes make the assumption that my children are supervised when Dad is home.  I fell asleep on the couch yesterday while Dad was home for lunch and when I woke up I realized it was a little too quiet inside the house, despite the fact I was trying to nap…

I wake up to a whistling sound outside my front door.   I open the door and I find Zachary with our walkie-talkies, moving them close together and then far apart so they “talk” to each other and make that nice high-pitched whistling sound.

DSCN4293

I call Zachary inside to put away the walkie-talkies and realize Braxton is out there too, just beyond the bush and sitting in the shade chatting with our neighbor boy his age.  So when Zack gets inside he tells me Braxton still has my camera.  “What?  Braxton had my camera?  How long?  Where in the world is your father?”

So I call outside to Braxton and tell him to bring me back my camera.  Then I set it on the desk in the office for safe keeping and forget that my 4 year old had my camera for about an hour.

Today I sit down to upload pictures to the good ol’ blog for my mom because I’ve promised her pictures of our growing weeds (aka Ivy) and I realize what I missed during my nap…

Again, anyone other than Braxton may not find this quite as fascinating as he (or his mommy) does:

DSCN4277     DSCN4279

Aha! Dad WAS “supervising” and then Braxton tours the kitchen by way of the garbage can.

DSCN4280     DSCN4281

The dining room [floor]

DSCN4283     DSCN4285

Self-portraits in the hallway

DSCN4286     DSCN4287

Dad’s [messy] desk is on the way to the front door, where you will find Zachary on the other side.

DSCN4290     DSCN4293

A “panorama” of sorts, from the front step

DSCN4295     DSCN4296

I can only imagine what Braxton is thinking, “Hello Dad! I’m so lucky you’re not taking this camera out of my hands because Zack’s not sharing the walkie-talkies with me so I’m having my own fun!”

DSCN4297      DSCN4298

Still on the front step… welcome mat, sprinkler… Christmas lights still up [in May!]…

DSCN4299     DSCN4300DSCN4301     DSCN4303DSCN4305     DSCN4313

Braxton’s favorite shirt

DSCN4314     DSCN4318

Growing weeds in our dead lawn - sigh :(

DSCN4319

Unsuspecting and curious friend

DSCN4320     DSCN4321

Next-door neighbor’s house … Daddy’s license plate

DSCN4322     DSCN4324

Front walk, front yard, hot day

DSCN4326     DSCN4328DSCN4329     DSCN4331DSCN4332     DSCN4333DSCN4337DSCN4338

Yep, upside down too.

DSCN4339DSCN4340

Friendly neighbor taking out the trash

DSCN4341

Seven, yes 7, pictures of his foot that looks exactly like his Daddy’s

DSCN4343DSCN4344DSCN4345DSCN4346DSCN4347DSCN4348DSCN4349

I can only hope one of my boys marry this cute friend when she grows up.

DSCN4350DSCN4351

Texture?

DSCN4354DSCN4355

Another friend, fun!

DSCN4358DSCN4359DSCN4360DSCN4361

The gate to “another friend’s” backyard that Braxton isn’t allowed to go in unless he asks his Mommy, which he obviously didn’t…before traipsing back there anyway.

DSCN4362DSCN4364DSCN4365DSCN4366

Ah, ANOTHER garbage can, ANOTHER driveway, and ANOTHER upside-down picture!

DSCN4367DSCN4368DSCN4369DSCN4370DSCN4371DSCN4372

What a productive nap, Mom!

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

LOVED the post, pictures and commentary! You have quite the little photographer there! With all those pictures, I have one question....where are the pictures of IVY??? ...or were they erased? I hope not! lol:o) Got to love kids, and boy are they handsome! ♥

Lisa said...

I love this so much, and Egads your kids are SO CUUUUTE!! I'm SO glad we'll be seeing you guys soon!