Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day (Observed)

 happy-4th-july-independence-2009

We had school yesterday.  Was it supposed to be a holiday?

Didn’t everybody celebrate on Saturday like the rest of us Utahns?  However, I hardly think you could call what we did “celebrating,” unless you count laying in the back of my car and watching fireworks as party-animal behavior.  We slept in and missed the balloons - dang it, I was trying to make that a tradition!

 DSCN1939

Fireworks

The little boys and I enjoyed a little freedom by taking a scenic drive up the canyon to a short little hike to one of the lesser least known peaks in the area.  Are you familiar with Squaw Peak, a.k.a. Makeout Point?  Ahem…neither am I…but it’s the next peak over.  According to my handy little hiking guide, most locals probably couldn’t point out Buffalo Peak.  It was just what I was looking for that day – quiet, no crowds & short enough for the little boys to enjoy it without killing me.

DSCN1896

DSCN1898

One of the boys’ favorite parts about the hike was all the beautiful wildflowers and I loved that they kept stopping to pick some.  Yup, I think they’re pretty adorable.

Happy Trails & Happy 4th!

DSCN1914

DSCN1910 [Braxton insisted that he be standing in the flowers to have his pictures taken]

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh! What sweet pictures and adorable boys! I can't wait to see you next week!

Campbell said...

Happy 4th of July! Cant wait to see you next week!