Monday, July 12, 2010

I am blue today…

Maybe you’ve heard this before:

 

 

In case you’re curious, the album is for kids too.  Kids’ Yoga, in fact.  I love that.

I got a little distracted while I was browsing YouTube for this song and found some funny little favorites from forever ago.  Rainbow Brite just happened to be among the related videos and before I knew it I was singing my heart out with Jem and the Holograms.  Then one thing led to the next and I was a Princess of Power with a huge crush on this cartoon man and these guys (I know, weird – why cats?).  I had A LOT of cartoon crushes when I was a kid.

I also watched A LOT of cartoons.  I wonder why I don’t let my kids watch hardly ANY cartoons then.  All of a sudden I’m feeling a little bad.  I probably shouldn’t.  I doubt my kids have quite the same longing for something equivalent to my eternal wish for a rainbow belt or a sparkly sword (that I would probably smash to smithereens too if my kids fought as much as I did – thanks Mom) or, at the very least, a pegasus!

Are you still reading?  Or did you get sucked in too?  Because I wanted to suggest one more 80’s thing for your viewing pleasure…

WeddingSingerDetailBackground

It was TOTALLY AWESOME!

And so was The Hale Center Theatre - I need season tickets!

2 comments:

candice said...

Memories!!!! Jem and the Holograms, too funny. But, you did forget about the THUNDERCATS! They were the coolest, besides Heman and Shee-ra of course.

I'm the same way with TV in general, none for the kids, yet, I totally grew up on it. hmmm.

Lisa said...

Classic.
I can totally remember watching Thundercats and fighting over who got to BE the girl, probably the one with the long hair because I can neither remember, nor could I tell from just watching the video if there were any other girls. But I remember getting VERY upset if you got to BE her and I didn't. Which is kind of funny because my girls totally do that now, not necessarily funny ha ha, but you know, because yeah, I TOTALLY let the girls watch TV - it taught me everything I know after all.