Monday, January 30, 2012

because they grow so fast.

 

Last week Ivy turned 1 month old!

DSCN3694

 

These aren’t just gas bubble smiles, although that does happen, a lot.

DSCN3702

 

Ivy wakes up every 2 to 3 hours all night, but she always goes right back to sleep.  At least, I’m pretty sure she does.  Her eyes are closed when I put her back down, but mine pretty much are too.

She’s a really good napper and seems to sleep most of the day too, so photo shoots are usually an afterthought for me.  I’m trying to soak up every minute with her right now, but I think I’m going to regret not putting her down and picking up the camera a little more often while I’m loving on her.  I remember being so excited for Zack to hurry and grow up and do the next big thing: rolling over, crawling, walking, talking…  Now I regret that.  I wasn’t in a rush with Braxton, but he seemed to grow up faster than Zack did, whether I liked it or not.  I have a funny feeling Ivy is trying to do the same thing, but I’m doing my darnedest not to let her.

Footage courtesy of big brother Zack, who’s figuring out how to hold still and/or keep the subject in the frame while filming:

1 month old Ivy

1 comment:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I am down in Oregon and staying with Lisa for a few days. We saw the new post last night and were so thrilled with your new post! Ivy is sooo adorable! Drats for having to live so far away in WA! Just remember to post every few weeks so I can see Ivy and your other kids too! ♥