Friday, March 4, 2011

Now We Are Six

DSCN3127

(The “Happy Birthday” sign has become a tradition at our house.  I can’t believe I paid 6 bucks at the party store for a sign with a spelling error.  But instead of taking it back, we choose to be very happyy.)

I’m really looking forward to year 6.  Mostly because 5 was a pretty sassy year and that wasn’t very fun for me.  I’m hoping this year will be better.  But all that aside, it does make me a little sad to see the baby fat melt away over the years and realize how big my boy is getting.

Every year Zachary has been at Montessori Learning Center he does the Walk Around the Sun for his birthday.  We make a birthday poster for him to take to school and show all his friends.  I write down some highlights from each year of his life for his teacher to read aloud to the class.

DSCN3129

This is actually the first year I’ve been able to sneak into his class and watch the little celebration (and by little I really mean an eternal 10 minutes in video).

No comments: