I've got big plans around here. Things are going to be different.
What does that really even mean? Did they mean Jello pudding? Or that mushy bready stuff? Does it matter? Why am I still talking about pudding?! Wait, I remember. I was going to make up my own pudding. I have every intention of "pudding" more posts on my blog (it's late, I think I'm punny).
And here it is, 2 AM on February 1st...Wait a minute! It's only January 31st?! Oh, that makes me feel better, sort of. Here I sit, trying to get something posted before January slips me by (which, technically, I thought already had) and I've still got a whole day of it left! I need more sleep.
I'm terrible at making goals, at least clear and measurable ones. New Year's resolutions aren't really my strong point, but I make them every year, regardless. I can't help myself. I love lists. But my Resolutions List is the most frustrating list I ever make because I rarely get to cross anything off. And what's the point of a list if you can't cross anything off?! Yet I still have a list of resolutions - very broad ones that are more like ideas to think about or consider, rather than to attain or fulfill. One of those resolutions would be "Blog/Journal" and now I can't remember if I really had any specific goals in mind when I wrote it down. So what I usually do is just keep those goals/ideas on my mind all the time, waiting for an opportunity to present itself to me that would make me feel like I'm improving in that area in some way. What a terrible system! It's a wonder I accomplish anything at all.
So here's to changes:
Spending quality time with my family (time well-spent, not wasted)
Being consistently social (actually hanging out with friends)
Making more appearances on my blog (and sharing my whereabouts)
Remembering where I've been the past year and building on that
7 comments:
What a pleasant surprise to hear from you! Hooray! Hooray! for changes. We all need those. It's what keeps us moving forward! :o) Loved the post, the pictures and your insightfulness! :o) You've had a busy life! I don't make resolutions. I 'resolve' to improve. I only chose '3' this year and I posted them by my microwave to remind me of them everyday. You can look at my blog history for January to read them; I kept them very simple. Love ya! Mom :o)
I forgot to mention...you changed your background! It's not that bright pink anymore! I guess there are some 'changes'! :o)
And here was I, thinking you were pregnant! :)
It's good to hear from you again. We should get together. It's been a while.
Great pics. It makes me miss your kids... Okay, we miss you guys too.
Finally! I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting very patiently for your next pst because I enjoy them so thoroughly and LOVE the pictures. Thanks for taking time from your very busy life for this. I can't believe everything you are able to do, Julie. You are one amazing woman! I love you, sjpw
Can I join in on all the cheering? We're all so excited to hear from you, don't you feel so special?! Don't tease me though, now that you've said you'd be trying to do it more my little heart will just be counting on it:)
Also, pudding, hee hee:)
You're funny Julie. Puddin'! Ha.
Good Luck with your goals. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment