Sunday, May 31, 2009

Flashback


I had planned on doing this post back in March too. Well, better late than never I suppose.

It's amazing how relative time can be...how 5 minutes can feel like 5 seconds sometimes, or how 5 years can feel like 50, in some ways. I said SOME ways Bob! Because there are also some days that I can hardly believe it has already been 5 years. I catch myself talking about things that happened "a few years ago" and then I realize it's more like a decade ago.

I hardly remember all the crazy emotions I felt while we were dating. Luckily I wrote a lot of it down in my journal. It was kind of fun to go back and remember the anxiety of it all. Does he like me? How much? Could this be the one?! Not to mention my absolute cluelessness of what it takes to be a step-mom! I still marvel at how lucky I am in that department. Seriously. I couldn't have asked for better kids!



Bob likes to remind me of all that we've done since that time. Sometimes I need a little reminding. I tend to get caught up in wishing for the future. Bob does such a good job of helping us find joy in the journey. And what a journey it has been, so far. I can't help but be curious about what the future holds for us.

4 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Thanks for 'journey'! What a great family! You DO have two great step kids! You also have two great little boys! You have a peach of a husband! I agree with on time, especially thse days. How did it get from Valentines to june 1st already! It happened so quick!
Love ya! Mom :o)

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

How cute are those pictures. I also love your family picture. It is so cute. Your kids are getting so big.

Blacketts said...

Julie you are so awesome! I am was so sad I missed your call and if I knew you were going to be at my parents I would have dropped everything and ran over there. Kevin and I want to have you over for a BBQ!

Lindsay said...

Hey Julie. I didn't know you had a blog. Really cute and I'm so excited to be able to read about the goings on of your sweet family. Keep it up! Miss you guys.