It was a little crazy rounding everyone up just before heading to the party, thus the blurry picture.
I love themed costumes for Halloween – I think it’s fun.
And it seems a little bit easier to convince Bob to dress up.
This year Braxton fit into Zachary’s old Astronaut costume, so we built the rest of our costume theme around him. I asked Zack if he wanted to be a rocket or spaceship and when I found a picture of a space shuttle costume he was sold – but it took a little longer to make than I had hoped. Since I’m 7 months pregnant I figured I should take advantage of my current shape and embrace the fact that I feel the size of a planet anyway – hello Saturn. It was my mom that had the brilliant idea to check out the floral section of the craft store for possible wreath forms that might possibly fit around my middle and I lucked out, although I think it started shrinking as time went on…hmmmm. After I told Bob my idea for his costume this year I was pleasantly surprised that he was a such a sweetheart and put it together on his own – tracking down a headset and making himself some official looking Mission Control badges. Although I did suggest thick, black-framed glasses for a finishing touch and he turned me down only to try someone else’s on at the ward party – little stinker. We only had that very day to come up with suitable costumes for Quintin and Brynnly, so here we have Space and the Milky Way.
Houston…we have candy!
And for a little live-action entertainment, here’s a clip of Braxton trying out Zack’s space shuttle:
Update:
Found another picture from our ward party photographer

3 comments:
Love it! Super cute ideas.
I LOVE it! You KNOW I love a good Halloween Family Theme! And yet, I never ever dress up- I forgot to mention it, but Jordan went as the Professor. Maybe next year:)
Very adorable, though I have to say you don't look nearly 7 months pregnant. Congratulations on little Ivy! So very sweet!
Post a Comment