Monday, November 1, 2010

p.s. Happy Birthday

CIMG0010

I’m beginning to realize how some people might feel when they have birthdays right around holidays.  Being born the day after Halloween means Braxton’s birthday has great potential of becoming an afterthought for me.  Any birthday that falls on the first of a month has a way of sneaking up on me, but the hullabaloo of Halloween usually commands all my attention this time of year.

DSCN2849 - cropped

So celebrations were a little pathetic around here for Braxton’s 3rd birthday this year.  Luckily he isn’t much the wiser and only requested cupcakes (done! – but they were Halloween leftovers – sad?)   The $1 store birthday banner and presents & cards from family (our saving grace – thank you!) were a total bonus & surprise to both him and me.  So I think it turned out to be a MUCH better birthday than we expected.  He was pretty happy just to get all the attention for the day.

Just crackin' himself up! (it happens a lot around here)

4 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Love the hat! The video is hilarious! Isn't the laughter of children a tonic for living! ♥

Lisa said...

Oh, how I love him! Give him some big kisses from me, okay? He's so cute in his hat! But I have to know, what happened to poor Zacharys sock?

SpencernAmy said...

I like Bob's laugh too. What a fun little Spirit to have in your family! Thanks for sharing! Happy Birthday, Braxton!

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday big boy!