-in the pleasure of material things because of my birthday.
-in the dirt, smoke and fresh air because of Q and my birthdays.
-in the recognition of all my blessings because of my birthday.
I'll stop here because of my birthday.
I seem to be having a difficult time adjusting to 30. It's been a week and I'm just not sure I like this age. I think I might just pretend to be 29 for a while longer. So here's some pictures of the happenings a few weeks ago when I really was 29.
Camping!
(Braxton was thrilled - just not about the protective hand on his shoulder)
(Stewart Falls near Aspen Grove)
(Is there such a thing as a self-family-portrait?)
(It makes me a little proud when I see my kids enjoying my hobbies)
Swimming/Splashing/Slip n Sliding!
(Mostly I just sit in the shade while the kids do all those things)
Gardening!
(It's pretty pathetic how proud I am of my garden. It's August and almost nothing is dead! For me, that's something indeed.)
5 comments:
Wow! Loved all the pictures and your post! Lisa and her girls are visiting us. We both said, 'Not allowed! Your kids are growing up too fast!' Fun times! Being '30' isn't so bad, the age fits nicely. just wear it gracefully! :o)
Haven't you heard. 30 is the new 20...at least that's what all us 30+ people say. =) I love the family self-portrait. Fun times.
Your garden sounds much more successful than mine. . .
Happy Birthday!! 30 isn't so bad...now 31, that's where it starts to go down hill.
It looks like you had fun in Hawaii, your old stompin grounds. I'm totally jealous...your vacations are way cooler than what I do. I need to be more adventurous. There seems to be some good hiking here in the mountains, and there's a mountain bike trail just down the road from our place. Maybe I could persuade you to come visit one of the days?
Happy Birthday! I've been having a hard time with being 29 because it meant i was one year closer to 30!! bahhh, not looking forward to April.
I'm glad i found your blog too! your kids are adorable. i haven't been brave enough to take my little family out camping yet, but i am tempted more and more. Eden, my little two year old, just can't get enough of the outdoors. I'm such a chicken though!
Post a Comment